Brave Rotties Would Do Anything For Their Humans
One of the oldest herding breeds, the Rottweiler’s history dates back to the Roman Empire. During the Middle Ages, they were known as butcher dogs because they were used by traveling butchers at markets. With the rising popularity of railroads, there was no need for Rotties anymore and the breed diminished.
However, before WWI, there was a great demand for police dogs and Rottweilers were put into service in a number of roles. The first Rottweiler club in Germany was founded on 13 January 1914 and in 1931 the Rottweiler was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club. Nowadays, Rotties are one of the most popular breeds in the world and in 2013 the AKC ranked them as the 9th most popular dog breed in America.
They are a massive, muscular and powerful dog who is very courageous and devoted to their human family. Confident, brave and protecting, Rotties will defend their humans fiercely and won’t allow anything bad to happen to them. They are good-natured, placid in disposition and obedient. Also, they are eager to work and need plenty of exercise. Apart from running all day long, Rotties can also never get tired of playing with you. Rotties are highly intelligent dogs who need good leadership from their humans. If they have been trained properly, they will be excellent playmates to kids. And, they will get along great with other dogs and household pets. If sufficiently exercised, Rotties can live in apartments. An average shedder, the Rottweiler is easy to groom. Bathe only when necessary.
1. Rotties have the best smiles reserved especially for you
2. And they can’t hide their excitement when you want to play with them
3. Just remember that these charmers always want to play
4. Even if it means they have to take a bath afterwards
5. They’ll do all sorts of amazing things
6. And they will be friends with everyone
7. Also, they will do anything for you
8. You’ll fall in love with them the first time you see them
9. You’ll cherish every moment spent with them
10. And they will love you unconditionally